Leaves / grass clippings
State law prohibits disposing of yard wastes with the garbage
- Fill cart provided
- Place extra yard
waste in paper bags.
- Paper bags can be purchased at Ace Hardware, Lowes, and other area retailers.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
other vegetation such as: acorns, bark, garden plants, grass clippings, pine cones, pine needles, twigs, straw and hay.
- Sod is accepted
if the dirt is removed. Dirt is not collected by either garbage or yard waste collection crews.
- Pieces of brush and small branches should be less than 3 inches in diameter. Larger
items are considered garbage.
- Bundle them securely with twine or rope. Do not use wire.
- Each bundle should be less than 3 feet long
and weigh less than 40 pounds.
Make sure to have your bags of leaves
and other bundles of brush at curbside, next to the cart, by 7:00 AM on your service day.